Search This Blog

Sunday 24 May 2020

Keeping in Touch

It is a while since I posted on my website. The restrictions of the lockdown have affected all our lives in many ways. I so enjoyed visiting bookshops and meeting and chatting with people. Children would tell me about books they enjoyed and talk about their writing. I hope they enjoyed my competitions in Waterstones Stores. I miss my friends, the booksellers ,who always made me so welcome. Let's hope it won't be long before the bookstores can open again. In the meantime I would like to thank people for continuing to buy my books online from Waterstones and  Amazon. If you would like to know more about them, please look on my website where you can read the blurb of all my books.
www.dianashaw.co.uk
I've had a bit of fun lately discovering how to record myself reading from my books and posting the readings on Facebook. Thank you to the people who listen  and make encouraging comments! Another thing I've been doing is writing poems. You will find  me reading one one on Facebook called 'A Close Encounter.' It's about the adventures of my cat called Chloe, a cockerel called Walter and his lady friend, a hen called Beau!  Sounds crazy? It's fun and something a bit different for me. I've written five poems about their adventures so far. 
An online radio station called Chat and Spin did a short interview with me about my books. Maybe you heard it? 
I've written other books too. My latest are time travel stories. It would be great to get them published one day. Thank you to my agent who is trying to do just that.

Look out for more readings from my books and please listen!

One thing I am not happy about is not being able to get my hair cut - it's driving me mad!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment